On this week’s episode of The Honey Be Podcast, I’m joined by Mia Reid, MA, LCMHC, LLPC. Mia is the founder of “Change Happens Today”, a private practice agency located in Southfield, Michigan. Mia has over 25 years of experience working in higher education, where she assists students with problems solving conflicts and crafting helpful resolutions to the matters that impact their daily functioning. In her practice, she provides support to clients who experience various concerns related to stress, anxiety, depression, grief, ADHD, mood disorders, and PTSD. In addition to her work with adolescents and adults, Mia is a proponent of group therapy as an extremely beneficial way for group members to reduce their sense of isolation by connecting with their peers.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How the loss of her child informed her drive to work with individuals suffering from grief and trauma
- How she is able to help clients navigate the grief process
- The difference between acute grief and complicated grief
- The importance of therapy when dealing with the grieving process
- How combining her faith with her therapy allowed her to enter a growth mindset and move forward