Today on The Honey Be Podcast, Dr. Courtney Haight joins us as we explore how to get your child to demonstrate desired behaviors. An email I received from a parent who is in a battle of wills over the state of his preteen son’s bedroom give us a chance to discuss parenting strategies and how to adapt and revise them as your child ages to create a balanced and harmonious household.
- The Everyday Parenting Toolkit: The Kazdin Method for East, Step-by-Step, Lasting Change for You and Your Child by Alan Kazdin
- Your Defiant Child: 8 Steps to Better Behavior by Russell A. Barkley and Christine M. Benton
- Your Defiant Teen: 10 Steps to Resolve Conflict and Rebuild Your Relationship by Russell A. Barkley and Arthur L. Robin
- Effective Child Therapy (http://effectivechildtherapy.org). A website that details evidenced-based mental health treatment for children and adolescents.
- APA Psychology Help Center (www.apa.org/helpcenter ). The American Psychological Associations Help Center that details a variety of information on psychological well-being.